Location: Mumbai (remote work is not possible)
Duration: Full time
We are looking for a driven, smart and experienced professional to lead our alliances and partnerships pan Asia. The successful candidate must believe in the core values of Zaya Learning Labs and be driven by the mission, and should also be passionate to build a scalable business. Above all, we are seeking an individual who has a proven experience in a rapid-growth, multi-located business preferably in a service, education or similar sector.
Zaya Learning Labs Pvt Ltd (www.zaya.in) is a venture-backed, award-winning social enterprise based in India. Zaya implements affordable, scalable technology to increase access to high-quality education and bridge the achievement gap. We want to empower students all over the world to receive personalized instruction, in and outside of school.
Schools and after-school centres use our learning platform and content via tablets and our patented ClassCloud, a hardware device that enables the full e-learning experience offline, especially in schools which don’t have internet or stable electricity. We also have recently launched an English learning mobile app for kids, English Duniya. Our work currently impacts over 50,000 students in India with future plans to scale across the globe.
- Manage relationships with and close all inbound sales leads
- Contribute to the development and refinement of Zaya’s partnerships vision and strategy
- Develop and maintain partnerships with governments, large donors and development organizations like UN, USAID and Indian CSR initiatives interested in education. This includes developing new proposals for funding schools, writing grants etc.
- Work with content partners and set up channels for sales into new markets
- Negotiate and develop revenue share models with content partners
- Build progress trackers are created to achieve the forecasted business targets.
- Drive the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results.
- Research and identify key market trends as they relate to Zaya’s business. Work with the senior management team to implement resulting program developments
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years experience in sales and/or business development
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent (written and spoken) knowledge of Hindi
- Comfort working in emerging and frontier markets
- Commendable presentation skills
- Experience in the education space
- Excellent knowledge of Indian languages a bonus
- Paid work - salary varies based on prior experience
- Fun work environment with like-minded, enthusiastic and dynamic people
- Strong international network of mentors in your specific area of interest to nurture your talent and guide you
- Cake on your birthday (and for that matter, on everyone else’s birthday)
- Travel to school and partner locations
Email your resume to email@example.com with “Application: Partnerships Manager” in the subject line, along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us and how your unique skills would benefit our efforts. Candidates will go through two rounds of interviews and a performance task.