Digital Content Developer (English)
Location: Mumbai (remote work is not possible)
Want to develop something that will revolutionise the way students learn? Create something that will be used by millions and have a real impact on the world?
We are seeking a Content Developer to support our K-8 English Language Learner (ELL) e-learning curriculum which is launching in schools and on a mobile app. This person will be a critical part of the team researching, developing, and testing Zaya’s ELL content. The Content Developer will report to the Content Project Manager.
Zaya Learning Labs Pvt Ltd (www.zaya.in) is a venture-backed, award-winning social enterprise based in India. Zaya implements affordable, scalable technology to increase access to high-quality education and bridge the achievement gap. We want to empower students all over the world to receive personalized instruction, in and outside of school.
Schools and after-school centres use our learning platform and content via tablets and our patented ClassCloud, a hardware device that enables the full e-learning experience offline, especially in schools which don’t have internet or stable electricity. We will also be launching a mobile app this summer 2016. Our labs are currently impacting over 20,000 students in India with future plans to scale across the globe.
- Developing high-quality instructional videos, assessments, lesson plans, and teacher support aids for Zaya’s ELL curriculum.
- Supporting Subject Matter Expert in developing learning progressions and lesson concepts;
- Working with technology team to develop inputs for adaptivity and user experience;
- Researching best practices for content in literacy, personalized learning, and language acquisition;
- Curating and testing content on Zaya’s authoring tool and learning management system;
- Completing testing, research, and development in classrooms using Zaya’s ELL curriculum;
- Working with translators to translate mother tongue instructions into new languages;
- Addressing content "bugs" reported by other Zaya staff and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred - preferably in English, education, or a related field
- 2-3 years experience developing (ideally digital) educational content and curriculum, preferably for literacy or English Language Learners
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English
- Excellent (written and spoken) knowledge of Hindi
- Comfort using technology-based platforms (bonus points for experience using authoring tools, Camtasia, and Google Drive)
- Strong research skills and combinational thinking
- Ability to work full-time from Zaya’s office in Mumbai
- 1 year+ classroom teaching experience highly preferred
- 1 year + experience in e-learning highly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Indian languages beyond Hindi a bonus
- Fun work environment with like-minded, enthusiastic and dynamic people
- Strong international network of mentors in your specific area of interest to nurture your talent and guide you
- Cake on your birthday (and for that matter, on everyone else’s birthday)
- 20 days annual leave
- Travel to school and partner locations around the world
- Opportunity to make a real difference rather than being stuck in a corporate rat race
- Higher scope for leadership and influencing the company’s strategy and product given its early growth stage
Email your resume to email@example.com with “Application: Digital Content Developer (English)” in the subject line, along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us and how your unique skills would benefit our efforts. Candidates will go through two rounds of interviews and create a sample lesson. Finalists will be asked to supply references and complete a DISC (behavior assessment) test.