Senior Operations Manager
Location: Mumbai (remote work is not possible)
Duration: Full time
We are seeking for an young hardworking candidate to assist in the aggressive and successful growth of the company. As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Zaya Learning Labs and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new grounds to lead social change. Above all, we are seeking for a candidate who has a proven experience in a rapid-growth, rapid-scale multi-located business preferably in a service, retail or similar sector.
Zaya Learning Labs Pvt Ltd (www.zaya.in) is a venture-backed, award-winning social enterprise based in India. Zaya implements affordable, scalable technology to increase access to high-quality education and bridge the achievement gap. We want to empower students all over the world to receive personalized instruction, in and outside of school.
Schools and after-school centres use our learning platform and content via tablets and our patented ClassCloud, a hardware device that enables the full e-learning experience offline, especially in schools which don’t have internet or stable electricity. We also have recently launched an English learning mobile app for kids, English Duniya. Our work currently impacts over 50,000 students in India with future plans to scale across the globe.
Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Operations Manager will lead all internal operations of the chain:
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes across teams.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the chain.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external; provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company.
- Motivate and lead a high performance team; Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between each department.
- Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, possible partners, competitors, and all aspects of Zaya’s market.
- Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
- Gather and analyze customer trends to assist in developing corporate strategy.
- Represent the Company at various community activities; Meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community
Your skills and experience should include:
- Working in emerging and frontier markets in ambiguous and dynamic environments
- Leadership and Organization – exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up multi-located organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment, the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Strategic Vision and Agility – ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
- General Management—thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems,
- Experience in the education space
- Excellent knowledge of Indian languages a bonus
- Competitive salary package
- Stock Options
- Fun work environment with like-minded, enthusiastic and dynamic people
- Global Exposure at events and conferences
- Strong international network of mentors in your specific area of interest to nurture your talent and guide you
- Cake on your birthday (and for that matter, on everyone else’s birthday)
- Travel to school and partner locations
Email your resume to email@example.com with “Application: Senior Operations Manager” in the subject line, along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us and how your unique skills would benefit our efforts. Candidates will go through two rounds of interviews and a performance task.